Monday, September 20, 2010

September 20, 2010

We had a GREAT weekend. We were trained by Elder Bednar and all I can say is that I don't think I have ever heard a better teacher in my life. He is a very funny, down to earth man. He stressed the idea of being agents to act, not objects to be acted upon. For that reason he would not call on someone to answer a question unless they were raising their hand wanting to answer because he did not want us to become objects being acted upon. He also talked about note taking and how too many members take notes at Conferences and miss possible revelatory experiences. He said to use notes as inspiration comes.
It was wonderful to be in the presense of an Apostle. It was intimidating at first to be in the same room as he was.
Jasper is a small town. I live with members again but at least we have a car full time. We live about 25 minutes from Jasper in a tiny town called Townley. It is in the middle of nowhere in a forest... There is virtually no work happening here either. I wish I could say I am surprised.
The Branch is... Interesting. Alot of older people. For some reason everyone here is obsessed with knowing my first name. We had Stake Conferene yesterday and they attempted to broadcast it via web cam to the ward and branch buldings. However, the feed from the Stak Center was bad so everyone in the Stake pretty much missed Conference.
Elder Tennant is from Mesa Arizona. He likes to draw.
My new address is
4566 Beech Grove Rd.
Townley, AL. 35587
Love you all.
-Elder Oliekan

No comments:

Post a Comment